Free Consult Now!
"*" indicates required fields
UNTIL WE WIN
PHOENIX TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER
If you've been in a truck accident and need a truck accident lawyer near Phoenix, contact Lloyd Baker Injury Attorneys. Our Phoenix team is here to support you.
We get it - your well-being and peace of mind are tied to legal support. We're here to ensure your rights are protected, and justice is served. Below, we'll not only provide you with valuable insights and knowledge about truck accidents, but we'll also delve into the importance of selecting the perfect truck accident attorney.
So, fasten your seatbelts and join us on this journey to understanding the world of truck accidents, and learn more about the pivotal role of a qualified Phoenix truck accident attorney in securing your rights and protecting your well-being.
Understanding Phoenix Truck Accidents: Truck Accident Statistics
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation truck accident statistics, in 2019, 3,053 commercial truck collisions led to 1,651 injuries and 45 deaths. Furthermore, 9,258 collisions involving large trucks, resulted in 1,300 injuries and 71 fatalities. Maricopa County saw most of these accidents, with 8,005 collisions, 1,026 injuries, and 64 deaths.
Driver fatigue is a significant cause of these accidents, resulting from long hours on the road, lack of sleep, and insufficient breaks. Fatigued drivers are more likely to make dangerous mistakes on the road, increasing the risk of accidents and serious injuries.
To combat this issue, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has set limits on the number of hours truck drivers can work to reduce fatigue-related accidents. Truck drivers must get enough rest and stay alert to make the roads safer and reduce these accident statistics.
Who Bears Liability for Injuries in Commercial Truck Accidents?
Determining liability for your injuries can be like solving a complex puzzle. If you're facing this situation, it's crucial to consult with a semi-truck accident lawyer near Phoenix. Keep in mind that potentially responsible parties may include:
- The Truck Driver: Most often, it starts with the truck driver. They're on the hook if they were driving recklessly or under the influence and caused the accident.
- The Trucking Company: The company that employs the driver can also be in the hot seat, mainly if the accident occurred while the driver was on the clock. The company could be responsible if they didn't properly train or supervise their drivers.
- The Trailer's Owner or Lessor: If the same people don't own the trailer as the truck, the trailer's owner or leasing company could be responsible for any issues related to the trailer.
- The Shipping Company: Sometimes, the folks who loaded the cargo improperly are to blame. They must ensure that cargo is secure; otherwise, it can lead to accidents.
- The Truck Manufacturer: If the accident happened because the truck was determined to have a factory defect, then the company that made the truck could be on the line.
- The Truck Repair Shop: Poor repairs or maintenance can also lead to accidents.
Sorting out who's responsible for a truck accident can be like piecing together a puzzle. The degree of fault can vary, and it's common for multiple parties to have a role in it. That's where a semi truck accident attorney near Phoenix comes in.Phoenix Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me
How Much is Your Truck Claim Worth?
When you've been in a truck accident, the compensation available aims to bring you as close as possible to your pre-accident life. This means you can seek financial compensation for various losses resulting from the incident. Here's a look at the kinds of damages that truck accident victims commonly pursue:
You have the right to seek compensation for:
- Your medical bills, including everything from rehab and doctor visits to prescriptions, diagnostic tests, and hospital treatments.
- The costs associated with in-home or long-term medical care that the accident has made necessary.
- Lost income or wages, including benefits, sick pay, vacation pay, and the impact on your earning potential.
- Any other losses directly related to the accident, such as property damage.
- The pain and suffering you've endured, both physically and emotionally.
- The emotional distress that the accident may have caused, including issues like post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, depression, and irritability.
- Loss of consortium: the challenges that may have arisen in your marital relationship.
Look no further if you're looking for an 18-wheeler accident attorney near Phoenix. At Lloyd Baker Injury Attorneys, we're committed to helping our clients thoroughly document the costs of their injuries in truck accident cases.
For example, we recommend keeping records of all your medical bills, receipts, and insurance statements to provide a clear picture of your medical expenses. We can also use your pay stubs or self-employment records to calculate your lost income.
Important Trucking Rules and Limits in Phoenix, AZ
The FMCSA, a federal agency, creates and enforces necessary regulations for trucking in the United States to ensure safety. Here are some rules to remember when speaking to an 18-wheeler accident lawyer near Phoenix.
Under Part 383 of the Code of Federal Regulations (“CFR”):
- Driving Hours: Truck drivers can drive up to 11 hours in a 14-hour workday, after which they must rest for 10 hours. They cannot drive more than 60 hours in seven consecutive days or 70 hours in eight days.
- Driver's License: Drivers can have only one driver's license, which requires passing specialized tests. Hazardous materials (Hazmat) carriers require extra certifications.
- Health Check: Drivers must pass a physical exam every two years to stay eligible to drive.
- Alcohol Limits: Drivers are prohibited from working with a blood-alcohol level of 0.02 or more and can't carry alcohol while driving.
- Logbook: Drivers must keep a logbook to record their driving hours.
- Cargo Rules: Specific rules for securing cargo and using security devices must be followed.
- Truck Information: Trucks must display their USDOT number, Hazmat markings, and other information.
To learn more about these rules and get a commercial truck license in Arizona, visit the Arizona Department of Transportation's website or call 602-712-8851.Contact Our Phoenix Truck Accident Lawyer Near Phoenix
The Importance of Legal Representation
Why You Need a Phoenix Semi Truck Accident Lawyer
If you've found yourself in a truck accident, it's crucial to seek legal representation from a Phoenix semi-truck accident attorney. While you can pursue a case independently, the complexities of truck accident cases often lead to better outcomes when handled by a seasoned Phoenix 18-wheeler accident lawyer.
At Lloyd Baker Injury Attorneys, we're well-versed in this area of law and can provide the help needed to fight for your rights effectively.
Our Phoenix Truck Accident Services Include
A successful truck accident case starts with a thorough investigation. This is why our team's Phoenix 18-wheeler accident attorney will collect and analyze all relevant evidence, including accident reports, witness statements, and any available video footage. This meticulous approach is vital to building a solid case on your behalf.
Negotiating with insurance companies and opposing legal teams can be a daunting task. We have a proven track record of securing favorable settlements for our clients through skilled negotiation and, when necessary, litigation.
Compassionate Legal Support
We understand the physical and emotional toll that a truck accident can take on a victim and their family. Our compassionate team of Phoenix personal injury attorneys is here to provide the support and guidance you need during this challenging time.Call Our Truck Accident Lawyers Near Phoenix
Talk to a Truck Accident Attorney Near Phoenix Today
If you're going through a personal injury after a semi-truck collision, don't hesitate to contact a Phoenix truck accident attorney at Lloyd Baker Injury Attorneys. With our in-depth knowledge of Phoenix's complex trucking and traffic laws, we can be your strong support system during this challenging time.
Call our personal injury attorneys today for a free consultation, and let's start working on securing the compensation you rightfully deserve.